This is an open call for submissions to Volume 8 of the International Journal of Screendance: http://screendancejournal.org/.
The focus of IJSD is to support and nurture cross-disciplinary writing on screendance. This call is an opportunity for artists and scholars to develop and debate ideas at the intersection of film, dance, visual arts, and media arts. Contributions to IJSD will expand and critique contemporary notions of screen-based images and changing choreographic practices, and engage with theories and philosophies from interdisciplinary fields.
We invite contributions related to all aspects of screendance production, curation, reception, history, and analysis in the forms of scholarly research (articles), interviews, reviews, provocations and viewpoints, visual essays, as well as work by emerging scholars. We particularly welcome contributions from outside the United States and United Kingdom.
- Submission Deadline: 5 August 2016
- Publication Date: April 2017
- Scholarly articles (3500–6000 words) are peer-reviewed in a fully anonymous process. All other contributions will be reviewed by the editorial board. We are also interested in publishing Interviews (2000–3000 words), Reviews of books, films, or events (750–1000 words) and Provocations and Viewpoints (750–1000 words). For the purposes of review, please indicate which of the above categories best characterizes your contribution.
- If you are interested in submitting a contribution that does not fall into the above categories, please contact the editors for additional direction.
- Authors must register with IJSD at http://screendancejournal.org in order to upload submissions. All submissions should be uploaded by authors in .docx or .rtf format.
- Please use the IJSD style guide – http://screendancejournal.org/about/submissions#authorGuidelines – to correctly format your document.
- Example article (to help with formatting and style guide questions): http://dx.doi.org/10.18061/ijsd.v5i0.4423
- Publications in all sections are indexed, but only scholarly articles are peer-reviewed. Please see IJSD’s Editorial Policies for more information.
- The International Journal of Screendance is published via the Open Journal System.
- IJSD is published in English and uses American spelling and punctuation.
- IJSD is published as PDF and HTML files and is fully open access. We serve the screendance field as a whole; therefore, there are no fees for submission, processing, publication, or access to IJSD.